Whether you are recovering from an injury, need special support, post-surgery needs, maternity patients, or a geriatric patient, there are a wide variety of individuals that require orthopedic inserts in Westlake Village, CA that have fostered a growing orthopedic products market.
Simply look at these statistics:
• The Bureau of Labor Statistics reported in 2015 that sprains and strains from overextension in lifting accounted for 31% of worker injury claims.
• U.S. construction workers are at high risk for on-the-job injuries to muscles, tendons, joints, and nerves, according to a report in Occupational and Environmental Medicine.
• The New York Times reported that Baby Boomers are staying active and getting the sprains and strains to prove it. Sports-related injuries in this age group went up 33% over a seven-year period while boomers come to the realization that the older they get, the longer it takes to heal.
• According to the American Academy of Family Physicians, acute ankle injuries are one of the most common musculoskeletal injuries in athletes and sedentary people, accounting for 2 million injuries per year. Nearly half of all ankle sprains occur during athletic activity. And once you sprain an ankle, you are more susceptible for repeat injuries.
• Skateboarding injuries in 2011 accounted for 78,000 emergency room visits, says the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons.
• The CDC says that an estimated 54.4 million U.S. adults (22.7%) had been told they have some sort of arthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, gout, lupus or fibromyalgia. The most common form of arthritis is osteoarthritis.
• Carpal tunnel syndrome affects almost 3% percent to 6% of the adult population, according to the American Academy of Family Physicians.
The common denominator for this growing population of people susceptible to strains and sprains is that products like wraps, bracing, splints and compression are effective for recovery and prevention. The range of orthopedic options can be staggering, and understanding their applicability to various conditions is critical.
Conveniently located in Westlake Village, CA, Apollo HomeCare Supply is a leading supplier of orthopedic soft goods such as rigid knee bracing, foot and ankle bracing, cold therapy, and shoulder arthroplasty, We are committed to giving our customers a world-class experience in product quality and service by specializing and keeping a huge supply of Bathroom safety products, Blood glucose monitors, Canes and crutches, CPAP devices, Incontinence, infection prevention (Gloves, masks, gowns, etc.), homecare beds, Lift chairs, Mobility power scooters, Nebulizer equipment, orthotics (Splints, Bracing & Supports), oxygen concentrators, Walkers, knee walkers and rollators, essential oils, yoga supplies, wheelchairs and power wheelchairs and Wound care products.