As power wheelchairs can be very expensive, it has some unique and stringent requirements put in place by Medicare. Below are 5 requirements to potentially qualify under Medicare for a power wheelchair:
- The patient must specify that it’s challenging for the patient to get around in their own home
- The patient must have issues with daily activities like bathing and dressing
- The doctor must specify on the prescription that the patient can’t safely use a manual wheelchair
- The doctor must also note the date of the patients’ office visit and provide their expert opinion regarding if you can safely use it or not
- The power wheelchair order must happen with 45 days of the prescription
Conveniently located in Westlake Village, CA, please stop by Apollo HomeCare Supply and we will work with you to see if you will qualify for the needed home medical equipment.
We specialize and have a huge supply of Bathroom safety products, Blood glucose monitors, Canes and crutches, CPAP devices, Incontinence, infection prevention (Gloves, masks, gowns, etc.), homecare beds, Lift chairs, Mobility power scooters, Nebulizer equipment, orthotics (Splints, Bracing & Supports), oxygen concentrators, Walkers, knee walkers and rollators, essential oils, yoga supplies, wheelchairs and power wheelchairs and Wound care products.